When you click on the second icon in the top left-hand corner, then you will see the people list where all active users are displayed.
Note that deactivated users can still be found via search.
Every user has his card in people list which displays a lot of useful information like:
- Profile picture
- Last activity
- Job title
- Phone number
Apart from this, every person’s card can contain up to 3 important icons:
- 1-1 chat icon will take you directly to private chat with given person.
- This icon also indicates persons status.
- Mail icon will open your default mailing application if you have one.
- Telephone icon will open your default application through which you can make a call.
Note that telephone icon shows up only if it was filled in your profile.
If you need further information on top of the ones that the person’s card contains, like in what rooms given person is, or whether he/she has offline notifications enabled, you may want to click on the person’s name or picture in the person’s card.
A team is a user generated group of people, set up during the room creation process.
Narrow your search down using the team filter on the left side of the screen, so you can look for somebody with a certain expertise, in a specific department.
Tip: We recommend creating teams for departments of people, regular workflows and management levels. Teams allow people to quickly locate everyone relating to a certain topic, and then see their availability.
All you need to do, in order to invite a new colleague, is:
- Click on the Invite people button.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to invite.
- Tick the rooms that he/she needs access to.
- Click the Save button.
An email invitation will be sent to the given email. Such email includes a link that requests the person to fill in his/her credentials.
- An admin user has the option to tick any room in the application, contrary to a normal user who can only select rooms that he/she has access to himself/herself.
- Email address must be unique.
Clicking the Add person button adds a new form. Such form selects all rooms by default.
When you click on the Copy last button, then another form is added with the selected rooms of the previous form.
Note that email is not copied as emails have to be unique.
You can filter the results by combinations of:
- Search is different for each section of the application (Chat, People, Calendar).
- If you leave the search field empty and click on the search icon, then the result will show you all the people in the application (even the deactivated ones).
Your profile - Change profile
In the top right-hand corner, click your name and select Your Profile.
Here you can fill in additional information about you.
Note that timezone affects all time stamps in the application.
You can easily create and edit office by clicking on the plus or pencil icons next to the office.
If you want to change your email, then follow these simple steps:
- Click on Change email in left hand menu of Your profile.
- Enter your password.
- Enter your new email address (have to be unique across the application).
- Once you hit the Change email button, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you’ve entered.
- From the very moment you click on the confirmation link, in the email you received, you have to start using new email address as credentials while logging into the application.
Settings are divided into two sections: Chat and Calendar.
In Chat section, you can turn off and on offline notifications by ticking the box.
Note that when you are online then you won’t receive offline notifications.
In Calendar section, you can set whether or when you want to be notified for upcoming events. You can edit notifications for both regular events and all-day events. You can also choose to be notified with desktop notifications, email, chat or all of them.
- In order to receive desktop notifications, you need to be logged in and have the application open in your browser.
- If you want to turn off all notifications, simply remove all of them by clicking the X icon next to each notification.
- Internet Explorer and Edge browsers do not support desktop notifications.
- You can have a maximum of 5 notifications per event type (regular, all-day).
There are several options to change your profile picture:
- Drag & drop
- Simply select an image file in your computer and drag it to the specified area.
- Attach file button
- Once you click this button you can specify the exact path to your designated image.
- Capture photo button
- This type of option is for users that have webcam installed on their computer.
- Modal window with two boxes is opened once the button is clicked, and the browser will prompt you to use the webcam.
- When you confirm the use of your webcam, you will see a live video from which you can take screenshot whenever you want, just click the Capture picture button under the video.
- Captured picture is shown in the second box, so if you are satisfied with the result, click the Confirm button underneath it.
No matter what option from the list you’ve chosen, image is shown as preview afterwards, where you can choose either to save it or remove it.
You have to fill in your old password, your new password, as well as confirm the new password, and then click the Save button. As soon as the password is successfully changed, you will receive an email notifying you about the password change (this is for security reasons and cannot be turned off).
- Password has to have at least 6 non-empty characters.
- If you don’t remember your password go to login screen and hit the ‘I don’t remember the password‘ and follow the instructions.
How do I change My Status?
There are five different settings of user status: online – away – not available – vacation – offline.
In the top right-hand corner, click your name and select the status you desire. In case of Vacation and Not Available you have to set return date and time.
- If you set your status to Not Available then you won’t receive any desktop notifications, so you can focus on the work you need.
- Your status is automatically changed to Not Available when you have an ongoing event in calendar.
- Your status is automatically changed to Away when you are idle for more than 10 minutes.
- After 60 minutes of no activity, you will be propagated to offline (in case the application is still open but you leave your desk, for example). This way, you will continue to receive offline notifications according to your profile settings.
- If you don’t update your status after the expiration of the return date, then you will be notified by a 1-1 message from Team Zeus.
Custom mood message
In the top right-hand corner, click your name, enter whatever you want into the mood message field, and click the OK button when you are done.
Note that if you don’t change your mood message for over 2 days then you will be notified by 1-1 message from Team Zeus.